Dumped a customer.

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by LindblomRJ, Aug 26, 2007.

1. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Just dropped a customer, her 40 something daughter needs to be shipped back across the Atlantic.

Started on a project last Thursday. Nothing to fancy, but was in the way the whole time. Came back on Monday to work some more fine. Tuesday I was out of town for a doctors appointment, turned out the be an all day affair. Wednesday was mowing, her and her mothers house were the last house to be mowed, I showed up it was already done. Daughter was standing in the garage sweeping. I didn't even stop. Rounded the circle in the cul-de-sac and left.

Thursday was mowing and Friday I mowed in the morning and it rained in the afternoon. Friday was shot. Well Friday morning she left a voice mail. On my way home from church today I checked my messages. Okay fine. Called and daughter was not home so I explained the situation to mother who lives there. Mother is a nice lady and I have no problems with her. The daughter is a major pest.

I sent an email to the daughter this afternoon. She later called and accused not showing up, not returning her calls etc. I let the daughter have it. She tried to stop with her "hey listen" and thought I was using the doctors appointment as a cop out. Finally I stated "No, you listen to me. You do no tell a lawyer how to practice law, or how a doctor should practice medicine, or how a mechanic should fix a car, and you do not tell me howI do my job." I didn't let her get a word in edge wise.

Moral of the story: Resolve the issues before they become a problem. Needless to say I dropped a customer.

After dealing with her I thought pretty hard about shutting down the business.