Dumped the Dixie!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chipk1, Mar 26, 2007.

1. chipk1

chipk1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Got rid of the @#$% Dixie today. Traded in for new Exmark HP 52" (Ultra Cut )with the new KAI 27hp. Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow morning. Having OCDC installed by dealer. Dixie broke twice today and just couldn't take it any more! I just hope the new KAI engine turns out to be a winner. Down with Dixie baby. Worst purchase I've made since I started in this business 5 years ago.

2. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

How many hours and what problems did ya have with your DC ?

3. Frosty03

Frosty03 LawnSite Member

:confused: :confused: :confused:

The Laser Z HP only comes with the Triton deck and now in 50". The older 2005 models were the Trivantage deck and in 52" width. The 27 HP engine is KOHLER.

The only model now with the Ultracut is the Laser Z AS, which is a full-size rider. Not a bad choice, but not my first choice for residentials. It is heavier than the Laser Z HP.

You may want to double-check what you are getting and IMHO, I would hands-down go with the Kawasaki engine. The 23 HP is plenty of horses for the 50" deck.

If you want/ordered Kawasaki, be sure the dealer is not trying to slip you a Kohler instead. You probably have too many figures in your head from comparing the different models.

Post again when you are certain which one you bought and how you like it.

Remember...Kaw = Kawasaki. Koh = Kohler.

Congrats.

4. Mowman16

Mowman16 LawnSite Senior Member

Good choice, I love my HP. My kawasaki 23 horse has given almost 1000k trouble-free hours. Exmark is the best :weightlifter: .

5. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

be patient, the 23 Kaw is 1500 hour engine...had three blow the engine at around 1500 hours. Still buy another one though, sick power compared to the kohler

6. Mowman16

Mowman16 LawnSite Senior Member

Thaks for the info, mower has somwhere around 2000k hours so now that it's a second mower it should be good for a few more years.

7. chipk1

from Florida

I will post again tomorrow but I am certain it is the new Kawaski V twin Horizontal shaft motor. As far as the deck, dealer was shocked that it had the Ultra Cut Deck on it. He said that it is better than the new Triton deck in his opinion. I also said that this is the first Exmark that he has gotten with that engine. Wasn't even in the books yet. He had to call Exmark for pricing.

8. chipk1

from Florida

9. chipk1

from Florida

Stand corrected it is the Lazer AS Model not the HP but it is a 28 KAI engine

10. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

one more thing if you can, get the bigger tires on it 24x12x12 i think the 52in deck only come with the 23x9.50x12 the bigger tires work so much better in our rainy season i have them on my 52 hp