dumping hopper for a dingo

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by tnmtn, Apr 1, 2012.

1. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

2. tnmtn

from NE Tn.

so far the best i can come up with is to use an adapter to full size attachments and go with one that size.

3. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I too have been trying to figure out something like that.

Only I'd want to go no wider than the machine, and if I could get 4-5 scoops into it, I'd be a happy camper.

I really want to build one.

4. tnmtn

from NE Tn.

I was thinking about using a dump trailer from say northern tool and changing the tires out to casters and adding a attachment plate where the tongue goes. but then to go that way seems it would be much easier to tow it with the 4 wheeler.

5. White Gardens

I personally want something stronger.

If I could just find a bucket or hopper like this and modify it, then It would be exactly what I need.

Hopper

6. White Gardens

Actually, this would probably work better. I see 2010 listed for the model year on these, and wonder if Bobcat still makes them.

[​IMG]

7. tnmtn

from NE Tn.

That would be nice. I am looking at Taking a forklift hopper and adding 8" casters to it and using the dingo with forks to move it around. This way I can load heavier than what the dingo can lift on it's own. It's downside would be working on dirt or turf surfaces. but when outside i have other ways to move the material.
    http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_1040646_1040646

8. JABBERS

JABBERS LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I had an idea to use a dumping trash dumpster to store grass on my trailer. You can even get ones made for forklifts that would work good. You can even get a dumpster used.

9. White Gardens

I kinda like that idea also, and you've go me leaning that way.

Then if you can keep the castors from being the pivot point when dumping, then it would be easier on the wheels.

I'm back and forth though as I would rather use a solid attachment plate of some sort.

10. White Gardens

Oh my word. You've got me thinking even more.

How about a Forkster with a small fork lift dump hopper.......

[​IMG]

I work for the wife of a hobby farmer and he has an old 3 point forklift attachment for a tractor. I've offered him 300 bucks for it and was going to modify it into a forkster.