1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

dumping in michigan

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Leone LawnCare, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Leone LawnCare

Leone LawnCare LawnSite Member

i live in bloomfiled township in michigan where could i dump a leaf box or other landscape debris?
  2. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Leone, call a couple of local housing developers they may want the material to shred up while they shred up trees. Also landscapers suppy houses want the stuff.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Call your city (nearsest. They may have a yard that takes material. Here, we have one, and they charge around 12 bucks a yard, I think,... it may be less.
  4. Four Star

Four Star LawnSite Member

Its far from you, but theres a place on Quinn Rd off of Gratiot near 15 mile called Uni Dig, thats where I dump stuff. Far, I know, but its the only place I know of.
  5. MOOSE

MOOSE LawnSite Senior Member

There's a place at Auburn Road and Opdyke to dump leaves and other stuff. Or u can goto the landfill owned dropoff on Coolidge and 14 mile. Not to far from ya. Just take Maple Road thru Birmingham and Hit Coolidge and turn right.
  6. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

hey leone,6mile and napier in salem compost site there...
  7. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

onyx on 6 mile and napier is where we dump to....prices are pretty resonable...it all depends on which girl is there....for up to 2000# is around $20-30....2000-3000# is ussually $30 -45 and 3000-4000# is ussually $40-55 ....ive been there about 20 times in the last month
  8. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Big Bad Ram, if you give a tip to the girl do you get a better rate. Does she charge by the pound and does she give a better rate if you have a bigger load?