Dumping In St. Louis

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by willie1227, Apr 3, 2004.

1. willie1227

willie1227 LawnSite Member

Any of you St. Louis guys out there have a good tip for a yard waste disposal site that does not charge an arm and a leg?

Thanks, Willie

2. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

What part of St. Louis are you located. Up north at 367 and 67 there is a recycling center, not sure what they charge. In St. Peters you can set up an commercial account with the recycling center there at a cheaper price per dump than a one time dump which is $20.

3. willie1227

willie1227 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the heads up jsr. I called St. Louis composting and a couple of other ones and the best I could do was about $60 a 5x10 trailer but on average I bet it was around 50-60 bucks a trip.

Im in the North County area so what you are saying will help. This the first major cleanup I have done that requires a trailer full of loose limbs and twigs to be disposed of in mass quantity.

Dont know many lawn guys in the area so you have been a big help. Let me know if there is ever anything I might be able to help you out with. Im a little but respectable and legit one man show.

thanks, willie

4. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

No problem. You might want to see if there is anything in East Alton too, they might have some little pplace for their folks to dump limbs and whatnot.

5. RICHP3636

RICHP3636 LawnSite Member

Am I glad to see you guys with the same problem. I'm small, one man show real estate clean ups, and I too am fed up with STL'S yard waste costs.. it's no wonder you see branches and debris all over the area!
    I haven't tryed the place at 367 and 67 yet.
    But on a job in Kimswick I went to the dump there and it made STL yard waste dumps look like the $1.00 store.
    I'd just like to find a guy with a chipper to hire out, and grind the stuff for me. :help:

6. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

The going rate at Organic Resource Management, Inc. (ORMI) is $8 per cubic yard of yardwaste. This is the one located at 367/67(lindbergh)

They also have a "pull off" so with your trailer of limbs put a pallet in the front and attach a chain with several extra feet beyond the end of the trailer(with the gate down). This will allow you to attach to the pull off and then drive forward emptying your load in seconds.