Dumping stuff

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EagleLandscape, Sep 29, 2003.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Ok, so from reading around I understand some of yalls accounts require you to bag clippings, branches, yada yada. For me, I do small residential jobs, so when I do tree trimming, I can just leave branches in the parkway for the city to come pick up. But I know commercial accounts require them to be removed.
    WHich brings me to my question. Do yall just bring them to the city dump? Or do alot of yall have property that you just "dump" at.

2. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

Just take your trash and dump it in Austin. On the UT football field.

3. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

I dump in one of my paddocks.

we have a big fire out the back of my house once a year.

I'd go broke if I had to pay tip fees every day.

4. hortboy

hortboy LawnSite Member

well, in NY it is against the law to leave any leaves, brush or grass clippings on the road side for the city to pick up. we must use the county dump or make other arrangements w/ private property.

5. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

I love fire!!! I'd light it all on fire if I had the property. Today there was a 4-5 alarm apartment fire. I drove over pretty fast to take a look before it got too busy. Talk about flames and smoke!! Thanks guys.

6. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Ok jwingfield2k, you're officially banned from matches, lighters, or anything that is capible of starting fires. LOL!

Around here the city will pick up bagged clippings and leaves that are left curbside in approved paper bags ($6 for 10 bags at Lowes, but not grocery paper bags), bundled and tied small branches. I usually take them to the city land fill and pay a fee of $18/truck load. Of course I charge a dump fee (minimum of $40/load), but all my customers would rather pay to get it off their property and be done with it. Any branches or trees 6" in diameter or larger costs $120 at the landfill which in turn I charge $150 minimum. On either load you need to figure in drive time, milage(includes gas), load & unload time. Don't do any job if it's going to cost you money.

7. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Depends on what it is. I have several farmers that want grass clipping. I take all grass there except right after fert.
    all other rubbish goes to dump and all organic goes to grow it go (5 bucks a yard) . I charge extra for all bagging and dump trips.

8. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I haul hedge and tree trimmings to a local landfill here where they are shreaded and composted, then the county gives it to residents that want it for their gardens or flower beds. The landfill charges a penny per pound for dumping natural trash. I charge the customer $40 per load to haul it.