dumping wright!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by captdevo, Jul 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

it's a shame wright has such a nice machine and their distributor for me are screw-ups.....keen edge....what a joke!

any who, i was dealing standers....not anymore with these yo-yos

sad part is....my new rep even cuts his own dealers throats by selling out of his house....

wright is all messed up......notice their not even on LS anymore either!

oh well, i'll stick to the great danes....they even have adjustable deck height!
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Good now you can sell more Hustler's !!!!!!!!!!
    he he he.......
  3. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Doesn't surprise me. At the expo the Wright guys left at around 2pm on Saturday for flights out. All their equipment both inside and out just set there. I like the Wright much better than the GD/JD, but the guys from Wright did seem strange.
  5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

The Wright distributor for this area is packing up and going back to Ohio where they came from. Several dealers around here say they are going to quit selling the Wright equipment due to the loss of their local distributor. I wonder if there are problems within the Wright organization? :(
  6. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

we lost the distributor for our area and now our new distributer is going to be in illinois..:dizzy:
  7. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

After reading all this it makes me even more happy. I am glad that I went ahead and got a Lazer instead of the Sentar that I was looking at. My main reason was dealer. I had been dealing with them since I started (9 years ago) and they decide to try and screw me. Oh well, there loss.
  8. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

sounds like florida is getting the same idiots i had...keen edge.....sorry to here that.

these guys are a joke, they break promises, play games and cut throats.

evidently wright doesn't care about their business practices, their still letting them distribute their product.

i found out of a few other dealers that have dumped them too!

great product....bad business....wright is "not wright"

while in florida i had an oppotunity to run some great dane surfers, they are nice machines, hande smoother than the stander, have just as good of cut, and the adjustable deck is a must!

i even ran the deere version, same machine, but with the 7-iron deck.

i'm sure with time there will be a few other stand on machines too......how about a 15mph bladerunner stand-on...lol

might be the next olympic "extreme sport".....high speed obstacle mowing:D
  9. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I heard a rumor from someone with Dixie Chopper that they may be working on a stand-up type mower. That would be interesting!!:D
  10. RMDoyon

RMDoyon LawnSite Member

I will say again:
    Toro needs to purchase Wright, a company with obviously lackluster distribution.

Then we'll all have access to eXmark and Toro Standers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.