Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by specialtylc, Jun 6, 2004.

1. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone have their own dump? I do and it saves us alot of time and money. We put in about 1000 cubic yards of debris a year. I should have room enough for the next 50 years.

2. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

looks like a nice view off in the distance.

I wish i did, I'm in the process of trying to find somewhere new to dump.
  3. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I have a buddy that is trying to fill in a gully in his back yard so dumping is free. Real close to most of my work to. The local landfill gets $20-$35 per load.
  4. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

$10 for me to dump grass. anything else is $20-$50
  5. Kohls Landscaping Co

Kohls Landscaping Co LawnSite Member

i'm able to dump for 10 bucks a truckload as long as it is 'lawn debri' w/my 8' bed...
  6. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

have my own dump that gets burned every couple months
  7. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Got the truck (8’ x 12’ flatbed on a one ton) but no dump on it (yet). I love the flatbed though! Can’t wait till I can afford the dump hoist. We can dump yard debris (grass, leaves, what-not) and brush (sticks, hedge trimmings, bushes, etc) for free at the county recycling center (this part of it is open after-hours too so I can dump at 7 at night even). My mom likes the grass and leaves and such for in her big vegetable garden and I know a few people who have big country gardens that also like it in theirs. Never hard to find a place to dump I just go wherever is closer/more convenient.
  8. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

You guys have the life. If i dumped on a field like that, they'd impound my truck (whether I owned the land or not). If it was my land, I'd atleast get a summons and need a few permits to shut the neighbors mouths.

I haven't got a permit yet to dump at the landfill yet, its a big process, and you go on a waiting list?????? But the other local places charge $25 - $35 A YARD!! I'll stick to bagging and leave it on thier curb as long as I can.
  9. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

:) I happen to luck out I can get rid of my clippings at all of the houses in the woods with owners permission. If I do a clean up I can get rid of the leaves, vines ect at my farther in laws place. I luck out big time

10. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Better not broadcast this any more. According to EPA and most state environmental agencies, dumping anything anywhere without a management system in place is an illegal dump. Technically in my state, if a homeowner doesn't regularly turn the pile of grass clippings behind his garage, it is an illegal dump site.