Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by zak406, Apr 20, 2012.

1. zak406

zak406 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a job im bidding on were I have to remove 30 bushes and 190 square feet worth of concrete. My question is what size dumpster will I need? I can get a 10 15 or 20? Unfortunally at this time I do not have access to a dump truck. So my thought is having a dumpster there for 2 days would be enough to get it all ripped out.
  2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

u need to check with the dumpster company to see if you can mix green waste and concrete.
  3. zak406

zak406 LawnSite Bronze Member

That was my first call monday morning, I know when I worked construction a few years back we did mix it but it may depend on the company. Reguardless Ill find out monday. Thanks for the reply though, hows that walker?
  4. Kepple Services

Kepple Services LawnSite Senior Member

190 square feet of what? 4", 6", footers? Makes a difference. If its 4" your only talking about 2.5 yards of concrete, at 6" it's 3.75 yards. Either way it will fit into a 10 yard can easy without the bushes. If you can mix them then depending on the size of them I would get a 20, put them in first then smash them with the concrete. You can mix here but then none of it can be recycled. There is a concrete recycler here that will bring you a 20 yard can for $75 for concrete only.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

this may seem obvious. but put the concrete on top of the bushes to crush them down, get more in. 30 bushes sounds like alot for any dumpster. you might want to brush hog the tops of them first.
  6. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

7. Krafty

Krafty LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from St. Louis MO

Be careful alot of companies only let you put clean fill in the 10 and 15 yard cans.
  8. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

When in doubt always get the bigger can. Most have regulations on the debris not being above the sides.
    Posted via Mobile Device

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Why not rent a dump truck from hertz or sunbelt for the day, or hire a small trucking company. Has to be cheaper and faster. Side note one of my businesses is a dumpster rental company and you can mix concrete and brush, but will cost more in tipping fees as you'll end up paying a mixed dumping fee (90 a ton) versus 30 a ton for block and brick and 40 a ton for brush.