Dun and Bradstreet?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by GreenGuysLC, Jan 28, 2013.

1. GreenGuysLC

GreenGuysLC LawnSite Senior Member

Wondering if anyone has bought into this? They call me all the time bit registering is like $800? Anyone tried this ? They claim businesses try to pull your rankings from them to determine your credibility. I know the government uses it as a verification process...
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. patrick6411

patrick6411 LawnSite Member

Don't buy into it. You can get a D&B for free.

3. wegomow

wegomow LawnSite Senior Member

I am pretty sure that the listing and D&B number is free. I know they monitor your business credit and charge for credibility reports for a fee. My other business is listed and they hounded us to purchase their services for years.

4. GreenGuysLC

Thanks. That confirms or at least goes with what i thought
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you get the d&b number for free?

6. wegomow

7. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

8. wegomow

That's up to you. If you are a large LCO then maybe so. I haven't for the my lawn care business. I'm just a one man with a part time wife helper, sole proprietor. We did for our Photography Studio business back in the 90's. Don't think it really made a difference. We just thought it made us look good on paper.

9. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't remember the details, but I had to have a d&b number either when I was getting registered as a SWAM business, registering to do business with the state, or to do business with the federal gov't. Don't recall exactly because I did all three at the same time.

10. GreenGuysLC

Usgovt requires it to do any business with them. Kinda a verification to make sure you are legit.
    Posted via Mobile Device