Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnworks, Nov 13, 2000.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Scags do cost more than Exmarks. For $8000 you could have bought a Chopper!
  2. Duncan IN

Duncan IN LawnSite Member

Maybe from where you live but not around here.

U like exmarks and Choppers I like Scags. I went with a scag because I wanted a mower that had a frame that would last a long time on Rough yards. Half my yards I mow are really nice and level while the other half are rough. Choppers are really good mowers and they have an excellant cut. But for me I needed the Turf Tiger. They really take abuse! Not saying I don't take care of my mower, I do take care of it. My neighbor has a turf tiger and he has never had it in a shelter at night, he always leaves it outside in the rain and snow. (not a good idea) but I have been impressed that he has not had a problem with it yet. It always fires up. He likes to rough house his mower. he pops wheelies and runs it hard. He has over 800 hours on it using it two summers. We all have our opinion on what mower is really the best. It's really what is the best mower for your use. i have not personally drove an exmark but I hear they are good mowers. Nobody within 75 miles from me sells them. They either sell Dixie, Scag or Ferris.

From what i have heard Exmarks are more expensive. THAT is from what i have heard from differnt sources.

levi Duncan
    Lone Tree Lawn Care
  3. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

The Scag and eXmark dealer in my area is the same guy. He sells them both for the same price.
  4. Duncan IN

Duncan IN LawnSite Member

Where are the eXmarks Made?
  5. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

Exmarks are made in Beatrice, Nebraska. Kees and Encore are made there as well. Thanks, Lynn