1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dunn and Bradsteet

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ColePyck, Jul 4, 2005.

1. ColePyck

ColePyck LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Just curious if you guys have a rating and if it is a good idea or not to puruse it, and what are the benefits. thanks
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Well from what I hear, Dun & Bradstreet is the Business equivalent of Equifax and to be quite honest, I can do without that kind of reporting because all too often, a mistake happens (either mine, or theirs).
    I stay out of their way and have been told that is a good idea unless you're a Fortune 500 corporation.
  3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I used to get phone calls from them wanting to update the information in their database.

About 5 years ago now, the county changed all the street numbers in our area to more coincide with GPS so emergency vehicles will be able to locate easier.

Each year I get a call from Dunn & Bradstreet they always have the old street number, and each year I told them, no, the street number has changed.

Last time I told them that since they do NOT actually update the info, that they no longer need to call me. Haven't heard from them since.

I just looked myself up on their website.

My company is J "&" H Outdoor Services, street number of 29901, not 29915. Again, info is still wrong.

4. MowinGuy

MowinGuy LawnSite Member

If you sign up with Dun & Bradstreet be prepared to get lots of telemarketing calls and all kinds of junk mail. I think they sell your info to other companies.