1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dunns & Bradstreet # ?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jphag, Jan 24, 2008.

1. jphag

jphag LawnSite Member

Has anyone applied for a Dunns and Bradstreet #?

It cost $299.00 for the basic package and $250 for each upgrade.

I understand how the Dunns # works but has anyone found it to be a benefit to better your credit for business or help you get any commercial or government contracts.

I don't have the best personal credit so I was wondering if this # will help.

Any input.

2. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

3. jphag

jphag LawnSite Member

Thanks for this info. I applied for a Dunn's a few days ago and they called me today. They said I need to spend the $299 and will get my number today. I didn't but am glad you responded to me because the address you gave me said the # will be emailed in 1 business day without spending money. Just another way for someone to take your money. Thanks again. Also I looked at the other link you sent and there is a lot of good info there.

4. Andyinchville

Andyinchville LawnSite Senior Member

Dunn's are really some money grubbing people....every time I turned around the want $$....I agree you can get a number for free of you are trying to do business w/ the government which is why I wanted the # for. I was lucky and haven't paid then a penny...but man do they try!

5. paydex

paydex LawnSite Member

d&b reps will lie and say outright lies and half truths- and yet you have to deal with them.

just rememeber that no matter what they say- don't give them a penny... not to get a number, not to get your creditors reporting, not for ANYTHING!
  6. TPnTX

TPnTX LawnSite Bronze Member

I tried last year to get on through them. After telling them it was for gov. They blew me off and wouldn't return calls. I even complained about it.

Oh well. I went to the link above and filled out a request. Pretty easy.
  7. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

I have many many creditors that don't report. Is there any other way to get them on my Duns report?
  8. bnoel78

bnoel78 LawnSite Member

I am a fool, I paid the $299.00 to get the number. Live and learn, right
  9. paydex

paydex LawnSite Member

no. depending on how important it is for you to have them reporting, (and unless its high tradelines several years old (and in relevant industries... not a local soap distributor selling $$$'s of soap to a pizza parlor), you have no need ot have them reporting.