Duplex Controllers/rain sensor

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Dirt Boy, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Dirt Boy

Dirt Boy LawnSite Senior Member

Have a duplex which is going to have separate sprinklers for each half. Would like to install Hunter Pro-C controller, or equivalent, and I have a few questions:
    1. If you install 2 controllers within 20' of each other, will you have any problems when you use a remote control? Are they "coded" or will it be turning on whichever one your closest to?
    2. If you have wireless rain sensors, is there a way to utilize just one, and interrupt both controllers?
    :walking:

Thanks!

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know about the remotes.

but I doubt it on the rain sensors. They still need a receiver installed to the controller, and they are probably set up receiver/transmitter(sensor) so that they don't interfere with the neighbors. I could be wrong. Maybe you can set the sensor to feed two receivers.

3. mikecaldwell1204

mikecaldwell1204 LawnSite Member

No with the Hunter remote controls you will not have a problem as you can set each receiver as a different number. Its in the instruction manual that came with the remotes and its not to difficult to do just have to press a bunch of buttons if I remember correctly.

4. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Bronze Member

relative to the rain sensors, you used to be able to re-address sensors to different receivers. i know that hunter changed a few things last year to make them more reliable, and i'm not sure if that feature was eliminated. check the manual for how to re-address the sensor. you will still need two receivers.

i don't know about the remotes.

pg

5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

If the duplex is owned by the same person, why not use one controller for both sides?

6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

When using a remote, you will not have it hooked up to both controllers at once, dont worry about it.