Durability for a poorly designed college campus...

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by turf4kansas, Jan 21, 2013.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

I thought you were married to the prettiest gal in Austin, wha'cha looking at gnarlies for?
    You can't be too careful, that is a good policy to have and follow.
    Good calls, the damage not only comes out of your pocket but production suffers also

I like the 800 for sweep locates, there is no target ID that way but you know that there is a conductor in the ground and can refine the search for positive ID.

Glad to see a proactive attitude from a contractor!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Nice to see....I was looking at using greywater for irrigation when i added onto my house, but coa made it into a bigger process than needed...so i gave up...
    You guys got some drip irrigation on a large scale in turf?

3. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

That, and I just like locating. I used the 800 today in broadcast mode, in the middle of an "abandoned" pathway. The maintenance person said it was an abandoned nature trail, but some large limestone boulders looked suspect as the 5" wide gap through the middle of them screamed rock saw. Sure enough there were electrical lines running through it.

We WERE going to start a 6"wx36"d trench through there tomorrow.

4. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Don't know anyone else who likes locatingd:rolleyes:

5. LawnMastersTx

LawnMastersTx LawnSite Member

Right but one of our building water is just from condensate, BME. Belo is a combination of the rain water, condensate and city water.

6. LawnMastersTx

LawnMastersTx LawnSite Member

Nothing in turf at the moment but will be in March at the new Liberal Arts building. Going to compare the drip vs spray on the bus circle to the east for the fountain.

CoA is working on changing their codes and we hope our input on reclaimed/gray water systems will be heard. CoA has the strictest codes in the country.

7. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

CoA is tuff, but just because every inspector is different. McKinney TX is much harder, and don't get me started on WCID 17
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Curious, given the high amount of foot traffic, is there a drip only restriction on gray water use for irrigation?

9. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Well, that explains how quick you finished off your dinner that night! :laugh:

10. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

Haha

It was nice to meet you Rod!