Duramax #1 Again!!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by 02DURAMAX, Jul 23, 2007.

1. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Put manuals in them trucks and see who wins

3. 02DURAMAX

They did that already and ford won that one then chevy and last in place dodge...look for it....its on the same website.

Plus who wants to be driving a stick truck all day in small towns?.....I sure don't.

4. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

Well, if the stick doesn't sway you, how about we run the same test at 300k miles on the truck?

5. 02DURAMAX

I'm not beating on cummins....my dad has a 99 Volvo With a Cummins N-14 and has 1,325,000 Miles on it and no overhaul.....I was just sharing the test they did.

6. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

The duramax has come along away. It definately used to suck. but now im vry interested in it. not saying id buy one, but i like it. still hate the chevy tho.

7. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

That testing seemed to be a little GM biased or GM sponsered quite abit of it.

I never beleive those tests because its who ever gives the testers the most money wins.

I was a little surprised on how well the V-10 in the Ford did. Makes a person wonder why you would buy the 6.4 diesel if you use the truck for a daily driver and tow a RV trailer occasionally. The V-10 is a little heavy on the fuel but I don't think the 6.4 is good on fuel either.

I was reading that the new 6.7 Cummins is a pig on fuel and its having problems with computer reflashes. Guys trading in new 6.7s for 5.9s .

Then you see that GM sold Allison transmission so the cost of putting a Allison in a GM truck will be more expensive.

8. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

yeh diesel power mag did a test between identical f-250's one with a v-10 and one with the powerstroke. the powerstroke won everything by a longshot...makes you wonder...and the 6.4's are doing quite good on fuel consumption. and i just heard yesterday from a few people who hate the 6.7 cummins.

9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

The enviromental regulations are making P/U trucks very expensive and hard to repair. The new Cummins is suffering from enviromental regulations itis.

Dodge and Cummins has gotten away from the polution regulations for so long now its about time they got a taste of the pain the azz it is.

Cummins is trying to use EGR systems and Urea where engine builders like International and Cat are using particulate filters.

10. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

I think you saw the gassers--Ford's v10/torqshift combo is the best thing out there in the spark ignition category now that gm dropped the 8.1/allison combo. Dodge needs a more efficient trans to compete with the others (bigger motor too)