Duramax.......in need

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by tthomass, Aug 26, 2007.

1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Looks like taxes are saying buy before Uncle Sam gets to know me by my first name........he's a greedy old man.

Test drove a '07 GMC thats been on a lot for 1yr, 53 miles on it......that was nice. $36,260 on the tag or + $4k an 0%......crew cab, loaded but cloth seats, short bed, 4x4....seems good deal from the looking I've been doing.

Anyone perhaps know of one for sale thats new or great condition? Prefer blue.......what a suprise right? But color doesn't really matter toooooo much and it will be my personal vehicle.

Just thought I'd ask.....autotrader is so so.

2. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

auction comes to mind..........guess i could get a car sales license in addition to my contractor license :)

unless someone in my area has access.........

3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know how the auction licenses are in your state, but they're a PITA to get and maintain here in WA, let alone the time it takes to obtain and they cost a few thousand to get as well. A really good friend of mine has an auction license and he's told me a few of the hoops you have to jump through to get the license, probably not worth it if your state is anything like it is here.

They should be willing to deal a little more on a truck that's been sitting on the lot for 1 year, although the price doesn't sound too bad. I'd offer $33K and see what happens, if they bite, you'd have a steal.

4. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

For that kind of money you can go to the dealer and have them pull up all vehicles in a x mile radius, like 1000 and see what they come up with. For the price you are talking you can have a new dually with zero miles on it. I do.

Mine is an 07 classic body style, crew cab, power windows, cdplayer, power trailer mirrors. It came in at 37k or something like that, and 39k something with tax and registration.

Tim

5. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

Deleware Auto Auction. They run ad's on the radio all the time.

6. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

just search. youll find that deal. you just got to be patience. ill be lookin for a truck in deceber. it may take a while to find but ill wait til its there.

7. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

That truck has lot rot if its been on the lot for a year. The Duramax uses the same variable vain turbo as the Ford if those trucks are not driven daily the turbo rusts up and doesn't work properly. Also with a truck sitting on a lot for a year the seals in the engine and on the axles dry out and may start leaking.

Trucks that sit are not a good deal because they may become problem childs.

8. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

warranty my friend, warranty

9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Why deal with a truck that will be constantly in the shop for nagging repairs.

If this is going to be a work truck and a daily driver you can't be dealing with a truck that doesn't run right.

If the dealer isn't willing to budge on the price walk away because its not worth it.

10. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

my duramax gets parked for a month at a time in south louisiana, then for 2 weeks gets the wheels driven off it either making time up the interstate or towing heavy in the smokies. after the 2 weeks it is parked again for a month. no problems so far and runs like a top. also have heard of a couple auction lots off of I-81 near Bristol that don't require you to be a dealer. not sure how far you are from SW Va.
    good luck,