Duramax or powerstroke

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by deere615, Jul 16, 2007.

1. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Which diesel would you guys pick and why, Duramax or powerstorke.

2. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh god, here we go again.:hammerhead:
    Mike

3. Ferdelance

Ferdelance LawnSite Member

If you look, you'll see this topic has been beat to death. You may as well ask if people prefer Coke or Pepsi, because people will always like one over the other.

4. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

I own a Powerstroke and I say Duramax!:)

5. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

International.......oh wait, that ones in the shop. Of the two I'll go Duramax FTW.

6. mow king

mow king LawnSite Senior Member

I own a powerstroke and after driving a duramax, i say duramax...however I've told thousands of loads with a powerstroke and never towed with a duramax...so take it with a grain of salt

7. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Which Engine? The new D-max or the new Powerstroke. If your looking at the 6.0 powerstroke than get a D-max. If you are looking at the new 6.4L powerstroke than I say that instead of the d-max. I work at a Ford dealer. The 6.0 is garbage... just ask the service techs. But the new 6.4 isn't having half the problems that the 6.0 had at this point. Ford did a road test and drove a 6.4 150000 miles nonstop all accross the country. The truck was only shut off for service (oil changes n such). It should be on the website.

8. Eric D

Eric D LawnSite Senior Member

A friend of mine that works at a dealer sent this to me this morning:

A 2005 Powerstroke owner was pulling a 5th wheel up for the weekend last night through the Salt River Canyon and his tranny started slipping. A guy in a 2006 Duramax pulled over and asked him what the problem was so he explained. The Duramax guy offered to tow him out of the canyon and into town. The Ford guy said fine and began unhooking his 5th wheel. The Chevy guy told him not to bother and pulled the Ford (with the 5th wheel attached) out of the canyon and into our shop. The guy in the Ford said the Chevy was reaching speeds higher than the Ford on the way to the canyon! We sold the guy a 2007 Classic durmax in about 3 minutes!

9. GroundEffects125

GroundEffects125 LawnSite Senior Member

I would go with a 7.3 power stoke but thats what i have but luxury i would go with a chevy

10. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

haha, thats awsome eric.........reminds me of the commericial where a 3500 DMAX is the 'engine' of a train.