Duramax / Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Mini man, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Mini man

Mini man LawnSite Member

Looking at a gooseneck trailer 7100 lbs (10 ton Cap )....to haul a 289 track skid steer....will my Hd 2500 d max handle that weight?:canadaflag:

2. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Are you kidding?

3. Mini man

Mini man LawnSite Member

What kind of answer is that?

4. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Just didnt know if you were joking. Theres been alot of weird people on here lately. Of course it will tow it. You wont even know its back there.

5. Mini man

Mini man LawnSite Member

Sorry to snap at you lol....
    Just wondering if the 2500 HD is rated to pull that triler.....10700 lb skid plus the trailer is 7000 17700 lbs?
    :waving:

6. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Legally, no. Can it do it? Yes. Depending on the style of your truck will determine how much you can pull with a goosneck. Minimum, according to the books, for a diesel is 12,500. Thats with the crew cab long bed. Maximum is 15,500. Thats with a regular cab long bed. Both are with 4wd. 2wd will hold a few hundred more.

7. Mini man

Mini man LawnSite Member

So I am screwed

8. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

DO IT! all of us have pulled more than we should have. make sure you have a good trailer brake controller

9. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Legally, yea. I'm not so sure i would feel save with 18k behind me though. A dually would be nice.

10. Mini man

Mini man LawnSite Member

If I do it and have an accident...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................screwed:cry: