Duramax trucks

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Springmeadows, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Springmeadows

Springmeadows LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody with a duramax been approached lately about selling your truck? I have had three guys wanting to buy my truck because "they are impossible to find with under 100,000 miles". Is this really true? I might sell the truck by the end of the year, if this is true.

I have had a year, that just don't pay the bills. So I am thinking of getting rid of the truck and some equipment to focus on something else.

2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

To give you the perspective of someone who was shopping for trucks this past year, Duramax trucks (any diesel truck really) are going for a premium right now.

I found a 2004.5 duramax with over 220k, could have even been near 250k, it was going for $15000.

There are very few duramax trucks for sale out there with less than 100k on them, which means that any dmax with lower miles will go for quite a pretty penny.

3. Springmeadows

I have an 2006 GMC Sierra crew cab deisel, 4 WD, with under 100,000 miles that I'm gonna sell. If I can get enough to buy a decent truck to work out of it, and buy my wife a decent car I'm gonna do it. I had the dealer which I bought it at call me and want me to come in and talk about selling the truck back to them. I said, "what?" Then two other guys stop me on the street and think about it.

4. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Judging by the info you have given, that truck would be listed for probably over $30k....as long as its clean and everything works. If you sell it, you'd probably be best off selling it yourself and getting near $30k for it.

5. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Any of the pre-emission diesel seem to be in very high demand right now. Blue value seems to mean nothing anymore when it comes to those diesels. Every where you look they are being listed for 5-$10,000 + over blue book value.

My 03 ram Cummins blue private party for about $17,000. I have seen trucks very similiar to ine with more miles listed for $25,000+.

I guess all the new diesels really do suck!

6. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Not the new duramax's. I have an 08 and its a great performing truck.

7. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Havent had any problems with the emisions equipment? What kind of driving do you do?

8. Springmeadows

If I can find a decent work truck, my deisel is gonna be sold. After the couple of past years I've had, I cannot justify a truck that nice to work out of. I was thinking of an older truck with a utility bed on it that's 2WD. But we have 6" of snow on the ground and still snowing, my wife thinks I'm crazy for wanting rid of my truck.

9. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

To people like Procut that wanna start arguments over why buy a diesel, this is exactly why. Diesels are always in demand and they hold their value very well. Try selling your gasser with 150k miles and see how bad they rape ya. Put your diesel on the market and watch your cell phone blow up, by people that actually have the money as well.

10. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

If it has an 8.1L Vortec you can expect to see the same percentage prices as a Diesel. Why? Because even for all the bad rap that those who don't have one give them, they hold their value just as well. $10K vs $15K for the DM still just matches the extra that was paid for the DM to start with.