Duro Power backpack blower??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jt5019, Oct 4, 2006.

1. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looking for another backpack blower and i came across this one online tonight. I never heard of the brand any opinons? I dont need a super strong blower like the new Redmax just one that can clear tight spots around hedges etc.

http://www.duropower.com/item.asp?PID=61&FID=13&level=1

Name: DP650B 686 CFM Backpack Blower

Features & Specifications

1. 2.0 HP Air Cooled Engine.

2.0 HP, 63.3cc, Air Cooled, 2-stroke Engine, Smooth Running & EZ Pull Starting.

2. 1186 CFM Maximum Air Volume Easily Clears Surfaces.

3. 0.5 Gallon Fuel Tank.

4. Variable Speed Pole Throttle For Precise Speed Control.

5. Low Noise Design.

6. Reduced Vibration System.

7. Adjustable Shoulder Strap That Help Reduce Weight.

8.Clears Leaves, Grass Clippings, & Debris From Driveways, Decks, Garages & More.

9. Dimension: 20"×15"×22".
    10. Weight: 24 LBS.

DP650B.jpg

2. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Kinda setup like some Echo models. Where the airbox and carb meet up...and the fuel tank in front of the blower. The price scares me though. Where is it made? Who makes it?

Seems a little fishy to me...maybe along the lines of the chinese knockoff Honda engines.

EDIT: Looked around the rest of their website. All the Generators and stuff look to have the knockoff honda engines or what not. I would stay far far away.

3. jt5019

You pretty much have the same worries as me. I dont know if i would actually buy it i just happened to come across it while i was looking at many brands.

According to the website

Dexin International Inc is a manufacturing company in California for over 16 years.
    DuroPower- a powerful brand name you can trust - carries a wide, high quality, power product line.

4. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

They're just words. Anybody can just put some BS on a website and at least 75% of consumers will believe it and buy the stuff and be stuck with a piece of knockoff Chinese junk that they'll never be able to get serviced when it stops working.

5. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Look at the shipping cost $105 for a backpack not a good deal anymore.:nono:

6. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats an echo 650 look a like , id stay away ..lol

7. jt5019

All good points... being in Connecticut it would be pretty stupid of me to order a blower brand ive never heard of before.. from California no less.

8. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

especially with the california regulations. you sure it didn't state 68.6 CFM.. :laugh:

9. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

No thanks...I'll stick with my redmax's.