1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dust control

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by LwnmwrMan22, Apr 14, 2008.

1. MAGman

MAGman LawnSite Member

So Sean, let me see if I understand this:

If I want to discuss how to mow grass, I have to be a sponsor. If I want to discuss how to control dust, I have to be a sponsor. So exactly what can I discuss here?

I posted a single link to APPLICATION DATA, not selling information so YOUR attempt to make this something it is not should not work here, but perhaps PT Barnum was right - eh?

I'm not trying to draw anyone anywhere. I was simply trying to respond with information to the guy in MN who posted a call for help with a dust problem. I happen to be a dust control expert and yes, it is what I do for a living. Does that make me a bad person unfit to talk about dust control here?

My username reflects what I do for a living like nearly EVERYONE ELSE HERE, so indicting me for my user name is just another affirmation of the selective censorship your company seems to live by here. Funny how you jump on me because my username reflects what I do for a living, but all the others here who have names in this thread that say what they do must be sponsors or FOS (Friends of Sean) I guess, ugh?

So, while you clearly want to make this something that it is not, and you are cleverly trying to paint me as a bad guy while I am actually only trying to help the person who asked for help on dust control. I put my boots on one at time like most folks, but I certainly can see when a site owner uses his site to force the purchase of advertising and sponsorship and has it veiled as "censorship".

I'm sure your subscribers can help each other out with a lot of things they know about. But what happens when they run into something that they don't know about? What then? Good luck finding out the real story because a forum run in this way is like reading the newspaper in Iran; you see what the leaders want you to see irrespective of the facts and moreover the truth.

That is censorship of a most onerous kind, Sean.

When someone stops by to help a member who asks for help and you run them out of town on rails, I would expect that your captive audience might begin to wonder what's really behind the curtin.

Let me close with a gentle reminder of what you said this site is supposed to be about:
    Are you sure about that? :nono:
  2. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I can take the time to answer the long way or I can make this short and sweet - if you want to post, be my guest. If you want to promote your product as you did in your first post, you must be a sponsor. It's not hard to understand.
  3. PHS

PHS LawnSite Senior Member

Save it MAGman, there are few things more annoying on internet forums than someone complaining about censorship. The world is not conspiring against you, grow up and act like a professional.