Dust & Doubles

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fblandscape, Sep 11, 2003.

1. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

I just slapped a pair of high lifts under gators onto my machine today. Brand new blades. Go to cut the lawn and it was fine for a while. I got to a few spots though, of which some were descent sized... and the machine was kicking up a LOT of dust. At several points it was so bad that I had trouble seeing. There is grass in these areas which should be cut. I guess some of the dust cloud migrated over to the pool where it formed a nice film on top of the water. Good thing they are having it completely drained tomorow :angel: Is there anyway that I can fix this? The machine did just fine on the bulk of the property... but those couple of areas were unreal.

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I have that problem with doubles too. But i notice that with the meg-mo i don't get all that blow out and theres alot more suction. But they do take more power and gas.
    John.

3. AndrewE

AndrewE LawnSite Member

I mow lawn like that. Its right behind the house. What I do is lightly water the lawn were the dust is a problem. This helps greatly. Also its not the niceest yard so if it rains that day I cut that yard first.