dust mask / respirator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kels, Nov 6, 2003.

1. kels

kels LawnSite Senior Member

I know this has been brought up before about wearing dust mask / repirators for leaf season. My problem has always been not able to breathe out of a respirator easily (dust mask do not seem to cut it).

After searching for a good one that you can breathe out of easily without moisture building up I found the Dustfoe 88 designed for coal miners, anyways here is the website I ordered from:
    http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com/product.asp?3=1280

Has anybody heard of or used one of these?

2. Clewsew

Clewsew LawnSite Member

Kels,

I have never heard of that type, and had never had a problem from the dust in that past, but this last summer I ended up in the hospital because I was so sick, and ended up having pneumonia. I am not sure where it came from but the site your referenced mentioned dust pneumonia. I don't know, but I know that it sucked, what ever it was. Let me know if you like that brand, as I might get them myself.

Clewsew

3. kels

I will keep you updated Clewsew, leaf season is just now getting cranked up here.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Very unusual season, here. No leafdust...AT ALL! Maybe a scuba mask would be more like it. We've had about 9 straight days of rain and wet weather. Today was the first sun I've seen in a long time. I WISH it was dusty.

5. kels

Update on the Dustfoe 88...

Works great and is easy to breathe through, my helper agrees.

6. Thanks for the link.

Dave