dust mask????????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MIDSOUTH, Feb 13, 2001.

1. MIDSOUTH

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

Does any of you use dust mask, I try to sometimes, I think I am going to do it more often in dusty conditions because i'm tired of blowing dirt boogers out of my nose at the end of the day.

2. DanG

DanG LawnSite Member

I'll wear one when I'm mulching up leaves but other then that nope......

Dan

3. Grassman

Grassman LawnSite Member

I use it in all dry dusty conditions, espeacally pollen season. I have allergies and am miserable without it. Russ

4. lawman

lawman LawnSite Member

I use one when the dust is up and anytime that I am doing leaf mulching. They get hot, but you can breath fresh air.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

When doing leaf mulching and in the spring, we have one place we call the dandelion place. It's a commercial with a large field and sometimes you can hardly breath from all the seeds blowing in the air.

6. I wear one when mulching leaves. I prefer to keep the leaf dust on the outside.

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I agree. With leaves I always use one. I asked the question a while back about a gas mask to also cover my eyes. I spend about 2 days getting leaf dust out of my eyes. I did start wearing my glasses instead of contacts when doing leaves.

8. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

Think it's important to have as much safety equipment available as possible for my crews, dust masks included!