Dust problems with Sentar...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by allstar, Jun 3, 2004.

1. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

I recently purchased a Wright Sentar and the first job I used it on,yesterday, was around 3 acres.It's been EXTREMELY dry around here lately and none of this property has irrigation.Also,the grass is relatively sparse with alot of leaves,pinestraw and twigs mixed in.
    The amount of dust was unbelievable.I had to stop 4 or 5 times and blow off the mower and by the time I got finished it sounded very,very sluggish.
    Is this normal?I can put on a mask and goggles and deal with the dust on me, but the mower is what I'm worried about.I realize it's dry and dusty but it bothers me that I would have this much trouble after one job.
    Two questions:
    1.)After getting used to this kind of mower(ZTR) should I be able to operate it without kicking up so much dust?
    2.)If I replace the air filter should that take care of the sluggishness?
  2. chines63

chines63 LawnSite Member

:hammerhead: :hammerhead:
    I use my Exmark daily and about two years ago I had to have rings put in. Now today the oil burning has started again. I am told that rings are not an option this time, NEW ENGINE at $1500.00, sick!!!!!!!
  3. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome to th draught. Clean your air filter on a daily basis
  4. Supertiger

Supertiger LawnSite Member

where you mulching or side discharging? Its just so dry out there that im shure many mowers "air filters" are clogged up. if you do start cleaning your filter daily be carfull and dont contaminate the inside of the breather element and use care in reinstalling it. i got in a hurry one time and didnt get the breather put back right and it cost me an engine.