dust

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hagen, Sep 27, 2002.

1. hagen

hagen LawnSite Member
    from texas

what do yall do to keep dust out of your eyes it is real bad right now on my lawns and i dont know what to wear to keep it out of my eyes

2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I have the smae problem. When its dry out and the dust flies my eyes kill me. I wear contacts and it just traps the dust in my eyes. Haven't figured out what to use yet. hopefully someone out there has. Please let us know!!!

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I bought goggles from Conney Safety that have a foam ring around the eye piece. It keeps the dust and dirt out.

4. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

I've seen people wear ski goggles in dusty conditions. I haven't tried it yet, but think about it sometimes.
    Good luck.

5. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Lol, ski goggles would work, but you sure would look like an idiot.:D

6. Hoosier Mower

Hoosier Mower LawnSite Member

lol@greenman

7. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

i have not found anything to keep it completely out but i wear a snug fitting pair of sunglasses and that seems to help.

8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Pray for rain.:D

I go thru lots of Visene.

9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Or, how about a scuba diving mask. You might as well use the air tanks and flippers also!!

10. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Never have conditions that bad. Ideas are swimming goggles, ski goggles, etc. or have customer wet lawn night before you get there.
    Now with leaves yes I do have these problems and have no idea what to do about it but wear the above mentioned eyewear. Really would not be a bad idea, it will look silly but you only get two eyes in your life and it doesn't take much to accidentally scratch your eye's lenses. Take eyedrops with ya too just in case.
    Good luck,
    Eric