1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dusty Baggin

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lsylvain, May 9, 2001.

1. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

Are all w/b bagers as dusty as the grass gobbler? Any tip/tricks to cut down on the dust?

It hasn't rained here for a while and I thought I was going to die the other day it was kicking up so much dust.

I really wish it would rain. Havn't seen a drop in at least 3 weeks.
  2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I've had the same problem with dust. it's been drier here than I can ever remember for this time of the year. the TVA claims that it is having trouble filling the lakes and they are probably telling the truth this time.

back to the dust--I don't bag any lawns except my own and that is on a need basis. but the discharge with the high lift blades is horrible. I've had to wear a dust mask on some lawns and I hate it. it's like september weather in may.

finally got some rain over the weekend and yesterday.

3. KD'sLawns

KD'sLawns LawnSite Member

Welcome to my world guys!!!

I live in a desert and we do not receive any rain and its dusty 24/7.
  4. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya know, I found out that my tiger cub runs much better, much less drag, a LOT less dust to contend with, without the bagger attachment on it. Not to mention that it stripes better, too. I'm happy, the grass is happy, the customers are happy, it's great! Plus I cut down a lot of time by not having to go and empty out the bags several times at a site.