DW SK650 question

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by txirrigation, Feb 20, 2012.

1. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I just got a ditch witch sk650, and my forman is complaining because it is so bumpy when he is on concrete. He has a back problem, and he says it is irritating it. Would switching to the turf tracks smooth it out?

2. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

On my boxer I put a thick rubber pad on the platform. Got it from hardware store and cut it to fit. Also put it on the WMI sod installer. Works great on both machines.

Not the best pic but you can kinda see it

[​IMG]

3. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

My Vermeer S600TX is the same way and plan on doing a mat like posted above.

4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

take the platform off and tell him to hoof it.

5. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

hahahaha that's what I would like to say, but he is a great irrigation tech.... and he knows it.

6. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

time for new tracks?

7. White Gardens

8. Oasis-Outdoor

Oasis-Outdoor LawnSite Member

I have a Ditch Witch SK650 as well. I have stock turf tracks and know what you're talking about regarding vibrations when tracking on concrete. Don't know any other solutions other than what the other folks have posted. That is my only complaint about my machine. One other minor thing is hood vibration when tracking. I am going to cure that with some rubber mounts underneath the hood. Otherwise, the Ditch Witch machines fly at full throttle and are well worth the money! P.S. I am sending you a PM regarding a little trick to secure your machine.

9. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT LawnSite Senior Member

I have the stock wide track turf tracks and it is a bumpy ride and gets worse as the tracks wear....white gardens that prowler looks great

10. White Gardens

Ya, can't wait to try them and try them out. Just a matter of getting money rolling in to absorb the cost as I'm going to do the sprockets at the same time.

The only mini machine I've found that might not have the vibration issues is the S800TX now available from Vermeer due to the triangular track configuration that keeps the sprocket of the ground. The only thing that I don't like from the looks of that machine is that it's just bigger all around.