DW SK650 question

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by txirrigation, Feb 20, 2012.

1. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT LawnSite Senior Member

and I hear slow in reverse.....

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

The S800TX?

I hoping they have one at the Vermeer open house a week from Friday to demo.

3. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT LawnSite Senior Member

yes....talked to a guy at NE grows and he ran sk 650 head to head with an 800 and even though the 800 had a bit more force the 650 really outshined the 800. I want to demo an 800 just to know

4. White Gardens

I don't know, to me if the ride is that much better on the pavement, then I'd be willing to make the sacrifice of having a bit less performance. The pavement rattle on these machines can seriously rattle your insides, and I would like to be able to use my machine a bit more on hard surfaces.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. arbor pro

arbor pro LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

did you put the prowler turf tracks on your 650 yet? I've tried the rubbertrax narrow turf tracks and wondering what you think of the prowler turf tracks?

AP

6. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've demoed both and (if cost wasn't an issue) I would pick the Vermeer every single time. But because cost is an issue and the 650 is a BEAST I will always stick with dw. Luckily for me lately I've let my guys run the machines and just been a taxi between multiple job sites.... I hope it stays this way for a while :)

7. White Gardens

Have not tried them yet. Still holding off as long as possible to make that purchase.

Track price isn't bad, it's just the fact I want to replace the sprockets also when I do the tracks. That's what's going to shoot the price up.

That and I had to drop some coin on other purchases this spring.

How do you like your rubbertrax? I know that there is two-three different lug patterns offered through them. Didn't know if you've had any better luck with the vibration. My theory is that it's not necessarily the track causing the vibration, but also coupled with the sprocket and the way it rides.

8. arbor pro

from SD

I ended up selling the machine that had the rubbertrax on it. Never really got a chance to try the tracks out on turf before I sold it. I guess I didn't notice much vibration.

I just ordered a set of the prowler turf tracks. should arive today or tomorrow. Hope to have on by next week. Will report on how they work.

9. White Gardens

Ya, let me know how they work out. Turf damage really isn't my biggest concern as trying to minimize the vibration on pavement is the biggest thing I'm looking for.

As for turf, the machine really only gets used in situations where it's definitively needed and either I put down plywood in those situations, or repair the turf when I'm done.

10. arbor pro

from SD

I've seen and heard so many good things about the asv green tracks - I just can't understand why that company isn't marketing towards the mini skids. I'd snag up a set of those if they worked good - even if they cost a mint.