1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

DW SK650 question

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by txirrigation, Feb 20, 2012.

1. andyslawncare

andyslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

he could always walk beside it when going across concrete, so this won't solve all problems since he'll need to load and unload and go over curbs and stuff

2. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

3. arbor pro

arbor pro LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

x2 I'm using the same prowler narrow turf tracks and like them a lot.

ap

4. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Would you recommend buying them over the OEM style track then?

I have to get a set ordered in the next couple of days and I'm trying to figure my best route to go.

5. arbor pro

arbor pro LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

If you're looking for a turf track, I think I like these better than the Rubbertrax ones I had on previously. those had a more aggressive tread pattern even though they were supposed to be turf tracks.

6. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT LawnSite Senior Member

Can anyone speak to the longevity of the prowler's

7. White Gardens

I did end up getting the prowlers last spring and couldn't be happier with the results.

Wayyyyyy better turf friendliness over OEM tracks.

I want a chance to try them in the snow also. I have a feeling that the tread pattern is going to be better on the pavement after a snow storm. Rarely do I use the mini for snow work, but if we get a big storm then it gets used for sidewalks and small drives for moving snow around.

8. White Gardens

Mine seemed to have held up well so far, but the machine only gets used so much each season.

I know it seems you guys use your SK much more than we use our Vermeer.

And I will say the pavement chatter isn't as bad as it was with the prowler track. Still there, but not rattling my insides as bad.