dylox and reseeding

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mrkosar, Sep 14, 2006.

1. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

how long after applying dylox can you reseed? i checked the label and it said nothing about this. does that mean it won't effect it? the customer has watered it in.

2. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I usually seed and then apply the dylox, but if the product is already down and watered in I would assume you would be OK to reseed the following week. Just give the product time to completely do it's job.

3. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

the dylox hurt the seed but you will probably want to rake off the damaged spots before seeding and you will take some of the dylox with it!

4. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Dylox should not affect the seed at all. I used to rake up the loose debris, and seed and apply Dylox at the same time for years. Never had a problem.

5. Tstop

Tstop LawnSite Member

When stripping the lawn for new sod should I strip it first, treat with dylox and then sod or is this incorrect?

6. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I have always applied the dylox on top of the new sod after installation. This way you make sure you get any grubs that came in with the sod. Someone may have a different opinion but this works for me.

And don't let the sod farm tell you their sod does not have grubs, they all do to an extent.

And as Upidstay said, the dylox has never affected any seedings for me either.