dyna diggr...I'll try again

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Foster, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Foster

Foster LawnSite Member

I posted this topic and got no replies, so I will try again. Anybody got one? No use asking any more questions than that for now.

2. lbmd1

lbmd1 LawnSite Senior Member

Foster,
    While I personally do not own a Dynadigger, I operated one at a former job about 10 years ago. We used to dig and transplant Bamboo trees and other plant material of decent size. While any form of transplanting trees can be damaging to the root system, the Dynadigger basically severs the root with the spade by acting as a jackhammer. You can dig say a 2" established caliper tree in about 5 mintues. It is VERY fast and productive. The unit weighs about as much as a one man auger and we taped foam around the handles to minimize the vibration. It is a great unit that not too many people have. I often wish a rental center would offer one. Sorry I can't offer much more than that.

Mike

3. Foster

Foster LawnSite Member

hey thanks for replying. They looked like a pretty handy tool to do some bare root tree work but I can't find anybody who had one, let alone used one.

4. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Do you have a link so i could look at one?

5. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

6. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

thanks very much ...looks interesting

7. jfl007

jfl007 LawnSite Member

I've used the Dyna Diggr. Infact, I'm on my third one. I have a landscaping company and I use it for digging holes for planting mostly. In the summer month the grounds gets hard here and this tool makes it easy to dig. Especially in tight spots where you can't get a heavy machine in there. I love the product, but because of the vibration it doesn't seem to last too long. Parts starts to fall off and break after about a season of use. I don't know if they've made any improvements on it or not. It's a wonderful little machine, but not cheap to have it breaking down after only a season of use. I need to get another one but I need to check if they made any improvements.

I met the guy who invented this machine a few years back when I bought the first one. He went through a lot of prototypes to get to this one. I need to look him up and get back in touch with him again. But now I see them selling else where also. Maybe he made some deals with other companies to carry his stuff.