1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

DYNA MOW A-72 need help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by jeepgang, May 4, 2013.

1. jeepgang

jeepgang LawnSite Member

Have a old dynamow A - 72 . It is all hydro including the mower deck. Can anybody tell me what type oil goes in the hydro tank.
  2. jeepgang

jeepgang LawnSite Member

Help please
  3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I've never heard of this machine and just googled a couple pics, I'll give you what I know. Most all Hydro-gear pumps run 20w50 engine oil, Older Eaton pumps ran 30w engine oil. If the oil in the tank looks like engine oil run which ever oil above for the pump maker.....
  4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I would also think most any of the medium weight hydraulic fluids would work. Something like an AW47 hydraulic oil. You might want to talk to a hydraulic rebuild shop and get some other suggestions.
  5. R & R Yard Designs

R & R Yard Designs LawnSite Senior Member

If you don't know what type is in there. Take a sample and send it to Blackstone labs and have them test it then go from there.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. jeepgang

jeepgang LawnSite Member

Thanks for the help.
  7. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

We work on a DynaMow from time to time. Great concept and great mower but way ahead of it's time.

8. jeepgang

jeepgang LawnSite Member

Can you tell me if the hydro motors on the mower deck can be rebuilt. I have one that is leaking a little. May just need a seal replaced .