Dyna Plow, Re: Lobo

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Alan, Apr 10, 2001.

1. Alan

Alan Member

Dan,

The Lobo did alright by us this year. Well enough that I am debating unloading one of the S-10s for a 25 or 3500 and setting up another Lobo on it. The increase in efficiency on large lots would more than compensate for the loss in agility on residentials. It would have to be a good deal on the big pickup, but I think it will happen at some point.

2. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

Just out of curiosity, what is the Lobo on now?

-Tim

3. Alan

Alan Member

The Lobo rides on a 97 K-2500, 8600 lb GVW. And that's barely truck enough. Ahh, for the good old days when you could just stick another leaf in the springs and not worry about it.

4. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

Whew... from the sound of your post, I thought it might be hanging on the S10.

-Tim

5. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

See now Alan if ya had something with a Blue Oval out front, you could just add another leaf spring. Has something to do with the solid front axel, and Front suspension design.

Haa hee :) :)

Geoff

6. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER LawnSite Member

Geoff, you can lead a horse to water... :D .

7. 66Construction

66Construction LawnSite Member

He wants to be able to use the plow though, not watch the snow pile up around the truck :D
    couldn't resist!!
    Casey

8. Dockboy

Dockboy LawnSite Member

HA! HA! HA! :D

Greg

9. DYNA PLOW

DYNA PLOW LawnSite Member

thanks for the info Alan, no mechanical problems or welding issues with this one? do you have the 8' 6" model? down pressure? sounds as though the plow is pretty heavy, however i will assume no heavier than a boss or western.
    it must have worked fine if you are even considering adding another one and dumping a s10...i know how you like
    your s 10's.
    dan

10. Alan

Alan Member

Our Lobo is the bigger one, 9'1" I think it is. Only minor welding failure was at the bottom of one pivot where there appears to have been some lack of fusion on a weld. From the way it moved I don't think it was normal wear and tear. This plow was a year old when we got it, turns out the PO had drop kicked a car with it and wiped out the subframe on his truck. At that point he decided that the Lobo wasn't rugged enough for him. I think the weld broke from the accident, so I'm not real concerned about it. Only design flaw I can see at this point is that the hinge pins for the winges are greased by a single hole down the center of the pin with outlets into each pivot point. Grease gets to the first one just fine, but not to the ones down the length of the pin. That is getting changed, I'll drill each pivot and put in grease fittings, then put plugs in after I grease them. It will be a pain, but I don't dare leve fittings in all the time, I'm sure they will get wiped out the first time you get into a hard bank. Maybe a short pipe around the fitting to shield it. I'll do something, even if it's wrong