1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

dyna scapes anybody use it?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by brocksdiesel, Feb 19, 2007.

1. brocksdiesel

brocksdiesel LawnSite Member

HEy all,
    For several years we have been throwing around the idea of computer generated drawings. My wife is my landscape designer and is fairly opinionated about her drawings. The issue seems to be the uperscale clients we deal with seem to like the blocked look of the cad type drawings. She doesn't understand it but it seems to be the case. Any way she looked for a long time and found dynascapes. She likes it better than most because it gives the appearance of a hand drawn drawing with a little more blocked look. we hope this would pacify our customers. At this point i don't really care what we think i want to give the public what they want. She has never used cad but thinks she can pick dynascapes up pretty quickly. What do you guys think? what is your experience with dynascapes? Thanks for the help.
  2. MaineFert

MaineFert LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Hey Use Dynascape from Garden Graphics for all of our landscape designs. It is CAD based, but very powerful and creates a nice plan. We used to hand draw everything in school, but now with this program, it makes life so much easier. I have been using it for 4 years and have really appreciated what it can do. It is a little pricey, but you can earn it back quickly with only a few design sales.
  3. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Been using dynascape for 7 yrs now, wouldn't do without it.
  4. AUHort1990

AUHort1990 LawnSite Member

I've had it for several years and love it!