Dynascape vs Pro landscape

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by landscaper7, Jan 14, 2010.

1. landscaper7

landscaper7 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I am in the process of purchasing a design software and have it narrowed down to Pro Landscape and Dynascape and was just looking for some feedback from anyone that has compared the two. I have reviewed the demo cds for both but have pros and cons for both. So some imputs on the subject would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

-Josh OCNT
    OSU ATI Graduate

2. familylawncare

familylawncare LawnSite Member

I just purchased RealTime Landscape Pro...anyone with experiene with it?

3. WGrnd21

WGrnd21 LawnSite Member
    from NC

In my experience I like dynascape. although i have not used the prolandscaper in a long time. personlly dynascape is a more proffesional software. Also the color you can add makes the design look like it was hand rendered. pretty cool feature that prolandscaper does not have.

4. familylawncare

good to hear...the pricing was great for a simple system

5. Isobel

Isobel LawnSite Senior Member

I'm curious as to why you would want something that looks hand rendered, especially in this day and age when everyone uses computers.

From when I did research on the two products I found Pro Landscape had more features, such as the image editor which allows you to add plants on top of a photograph of the client's property. I've found this a great advantage when bringing designs to clients. As far as I know the Dynascape program doesn't have this feature.

6. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

Pro Landscape does have several rendering modes that allow a drawing to be created with a hand drawn look. A hand drawn look can give a drawing a more personalized look as opposed to a machine generated drawing that many think makes design easy.

Most traditionally trained designers or landscape architects relate a hand drawn design to artwork, and they would be correct. But others feel that the real art is not the drawing, but the installation. A pretty plan can help sell more and larger work, but for presentation it's hard to beat imaging. With Pro Landscapes ability to flyover a plan drawing and view it in 3D, is an amazing feature to allow clients to view and understand a design.

Kirk

7. WGrnd21

WGrnd21 LawnSite Member
    from NC

the hand rendering of a design is what can sell the design to the client. it can help the client understand the design better, in many situations when you hand render a design clients treat it like gold. they hold on the design and in some cases i have had clients frame their design. Pro-landscapers photo shop does not look proffesional to me. Its a cool feature but the images are not as good. also with dynascape presentation portfolios are easyier to make. dynascape also offers horticopia. using both tools you can but together a design that the client can really understand.

8. familylawncare

Although I have not tried it yet, RealTime has a mechanism to import actual pic of project you are working on.

9. Isobel

Isobel LawnSite Senior Member

The RealTime program to do that is similar to PRo Landscape's program, however Pro Landscape has a much more vast plant library.