e-bay purchases....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, May 9, 2001.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Recently purchased an Echo HC1500 20" hedge trimmer on E-Bay for $185 + $15 S&H. Brand new! Best price I found elsewhere was $250 to $260. I'm happy.

Every so often there's a pretty good deal on there. Lotsa Echo stuff. Have seen Stihl, Redmax, Shindaiwa, and several others.

The hard part is sifting through the junk. Like type "blower" into the search and you'll get stuff relating to glass blowing.

Have any of you guys got any great deals on there worth mentioning?

I'm keeping my eye on it for some back up equipment.
  2. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I've purchased 2 new echo Backpack blowers on eBay at about $200 each.

It seems that Echo Blowers go for very good rates on eBay. (A secret I was trying to keep to myself until you opened your big mouth and told everyone here ;-) I don't know why that is. But other equipment is rare. Shindaiwa eqipment, for instance, is hard to find. Especially the newer models. And the mowers I use (Honda HRC 216 Hydrostatic) are NEVER on eBay.

But yah, you can find some great deals there. But let's just keep that between you and me from now on, ok? ;-)
  3. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't worry Jim, I'm always watching as well. If there is a great deal to be had I will be there. Maybe we should let each other know so we aren't bidding against each other. LOL