E-checking and E-billing

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by TURFLORD, Jan 11, 2006.

1. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Not that $.02 is going to break me, but like some of my customers, I've taken my bank act's virtual. I've also just upgraded to QB Pro '06 which allows me to E-mail invoices. Hmmm. Any thoughts on this?:help:

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

We email all of our commercial accts invoices.

3. Envision

Envision LawnSite Member

I email invoices for about 1/2 my customers, makes it much easier than mailing. It really would be easier if it were !00% email , splitting them up kind of gets confusing sometimes.

4. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I email as many as I can, there are some residential customers that are seniors and are really not comfortable with computers and the internet/email process in general. Most of my email ones are commercial, only a few residential ones.

5. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I do email billing through quick books and I love it. It works nice and easy, saves $$ on mailing, etc. I also have credit card processing so they can pay with their credit card on line through their email bill. The charge isn't that much, and you're basically paying for the convenience. But it has cut down my billing time tremendously.

6. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I was planning to use email for as many clients as possible, just to simplify things, and save time.

7. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

screw billing. just swipe thier card at the beginning of each month. if it dont clear, you dont mow! i'll teach you lawnboys one of these days. :nono:

8. Redneckn

Redneckn LawnSite Senior Member

I worked for an automatic gate company a few years back. The boss did everything via email and whatnot. All his billing was emailed out. When customers had a problem, they called his number and they were prompted to send an email. If they didnt have email, they could leave a number and he would eventually get back to them.
    I think his being hardcore about emailing everything was because he would forget otherwise. And he was able to "make" customers do it because he IS the best in NorthLouisiana.
    Part of my job was to remind him that his cell phone had rang now and then so he would remember to check his messages. Also, I had to go back to the shop 3-4 times a day to print up work orders from the email..haha..