1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

E-mail address in ad

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by scott's turf, Mar 21, 2006.

1. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

I was thinking of putting my e-mail address in a local ad along with my tel# hoping I may get more contacts. I did this for a help wanted ad and got pretty good response. I have another FT job as an engineer and am at a computer all day so I can check my mail and get back to people at work. Has anyone used an email address for this means, if so how did it work?

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I have had my email address included in my yellow page ad for the last 4 years and never had a response. I also put it on all my letters going to my existing clients and only had one client ever send me something. Most of my clients (and potential) are over the age of 50, so that might have something to do with it. I think in another 10 years I might see more email usage.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

I have had 2 customers in 11 years send me a email,yes it's in our ads, letter heads, bills.
  4. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I recently had someone email me from an advertisement. I didn't care for it. I will not have my email address in future advertisements.
  5. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I have mine on my business cards
  6. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

I list my web address, lots more info. to be found there than I could ever put in an ad. My e-maill address is on the site.
  7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The responses are kinda interesting, in our area must people will email us rather than call. We highly prefer email and most customer also like it.
  8. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I use my website in my ads but no email. I get a decent number of inquiries from my site so it must be working.
  9. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

Thanks for all the responses. I think I will put it in there this go around and see what happens. Hopefully it will reduce my time on the phone when I get home from work.
  10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Same here and on our company letterhead. I get quite a few emails from customers. Personally, I would rather get them than a phone call.