E-mailed Invoices

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LAWNGODFATHER, Mar 20, 2002.

1. With the rising costs of everyday things I want to try doing this. Save paper and stamps.

Also I just recieved a credit card statment 3 days after the due date, so that brings me to the question.

Anyone do this?

Also what software would I need to do it?

Will Lawn Monkey do it?
  2. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

My bookepper and i are working on this currently so i will keep you posted, all my company is doing is emailing a bill and expecting the client to send us payment, ihaven't set up for credit card usage yet, which brings me to another point is it worth setting up for credit cards, but i do not want to divert the post.
    AK Lawn
  3. No I didn't think about that.

I wouldn't mind credit cards either.

The faster I get my payments, the better.
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

my quickbooks under print will allow you to send it to a adobe(pdf)file. You could then email it to them.
  5. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

Hoss the only prob. i see with that is if they do not have adobe, atleast that was the prob. that my bookeeper and i ran into and we are currently trying to work past it, but that is a program that has saved my life!:blob2:
    AK Lawn
  6. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

theres programs u can use to receive payments online
  7. LawnLad

LawnLad LawnSite Senior Member

I suppose if your the majority of your customers were computer literate, you could post the bills on your website, and have them pay for them on line with a credit card. Getting the customer to go online and pay the bill might pose a problem, out of sight, out of mind type mentality. Accepting credit card info on line would take additional security and responsibility beyond what the benefits might yield. I guess it depends on volume. Justify it with dollars to make the decision.

If you have surveyed your customers and enough of them said yes to online bills, you could do it for those people. Or email them as the case may be.
  8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Regardless of the program that you buy - Pay Cash.:cool:
  9. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know about Lawn Monkey but I believe that Quickbooks Pro 2002 ( and maybe 2001) have the capability to email invoices and also to receive credit cards. Info should be on their web site at http://www.quickbooks.com./services/mas/.

It says you can email statements, invoices, estimates, etc. You can also receive credit cards on line (you might have to be using their processing service).

I haven't tried it, but sound good.
  10. Chuck Sinclair

Chuck Sinclair LawnSite Senior Member

Yes lawn monkey will do it if you get the module for it.