E-mailed Invoices

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LAWNGODFATHER, Mar 20, 2002.

1. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

Might want to look towards online payments via the website. Give everyone an account number (username) and a password, build the site so that the account number only takes them to thier billing information , use online payment.. hearing what lawn monkey costs, I can not imagine the cost is much different and there are not any yearly "update" charges.
  2. Strongmd

Strongmd LawnSite Member

LGF, don't you use Clip? I've seen you on the forum. I use clip and I'm just now starting to email my bills. I've compiled the email addresses of most of my clients. Clip converts the bill to an Adobe file (.pdf) Most people will already have adobe. If they don't and can't open their bill, they will probably email you back, and then you can send them a link to download a free copy of Adobe.
    I'll be emailing bills for the first time on 4/1. Contact me after that if you'd like to know how it goes.
  3. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

I don't know how detailed your billings are, but I would think you could have a form e-mail sent to your customers, with a link to Paypal to facilitate payment. Or it could be as easy as contacting PayPal; I'm sure they've thought of something along these lines and may have a system custom-fit for this kind of thing.
  4. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

.pdf's can be a real pain to print on older printers and a pain to look at with computers little RAM. HTML can be much less intensive.

just a thought.
  5. No I don't have Clip or LM yet. I am still debating what to do in that route. I do have QB Pro 2002.

I don't care if they use pay pal, print it out and mail it or what ever, I just want to make it more convenient and speed up the snail mail.
  6. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

I e-mail some of my billings to out of state clients. When I finish filling out the bill on the computer for the month I just hit print and select .PDF option and save under client name and month. I then attach it to e-mail and send it. It is faster than it sounds and saves paper, stamps, envelope and time.:rolleyes:
  7. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

I am in the process of converting my customers to email using qb2002 it sends a plain invoice w/out logo for 14 dollars a month it lets you set up a database were customers can view payment history leave comments etc i used the free trial and a couple of my customers loved it if i can convert 9 more ill pay it and set up credit card payments
  8. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

In Quickbooks, I set the printer to "fax" and push print. It's pretty simple. Email is a problem. But most of my clients have faxes built into their computers or stand alone faxes, so it works.
  9. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

Why not just leave the bill on the door? No stamp required.