1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

E track mounting

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by chaduco19, Apr 27, 2005.

1. chaduco19

chaduco19 LawnSite Member
    from midwest

whats your experience tell you, in an enclosed trailer is it better to mount on the walls or floor to hold things down. walls 3/8inch, floor 3/4inch thanks.
  2. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

Depends how heavy the object being held i.... I have d rings on the floor and on the walls... Heavier things get strapped to the floor... not so heavy things can get strapped to the walls.....
  3. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

E track works well either way but like the previous post stated it depends on the weight. They make brackets for shelves to fit the E track. We installed that on the sides forward of the side door on our latest enclosed trailer. With the brackets we just use a pair of 2x6's and can adjust the 2 shelves up and down or remove with ease.
    The Etrack on the floor works nice to strap miscellaneous items to.
    Overall on the floor I prefer the Fastrap system though. It is more secure and easier to use but it is not mobile like the Etrack.
    Think long and install well!!
  4. LonniesLawns

LonniesLawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from KS

When you mount the e-track -- you are not mounting it to the wood -- you are mounting it to the metal studs underneath using self-drilling screws. I easily have 200 pounds loaded on my e-track at times and it doesn't budge.

I don't like it on the floor because it is hardwer to clean up the floor around and its just a tripping hazard. I have mine mounted at the top and bottom of my wall -- the bottom is where I use strap in equipment.