e3 spark plugs?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tb8100, Jun 22, 2008.

1. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

anyone tried these plugs out? Are they any good or just hype?

2. DAV Mowers

DAV Mowers LawnSite Member

Bought one for my trimmer in the early spring of 2007 and it's still going strong. I'll let you know if and when I ever replace it.

3. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Their great plugs, I'm not sure if you can cross referance them for V-twin engines. Their is a heat range that each engine & plug was dyno'ed for. In a EFI configeration I would feel more comfortable using these plugs; because the ECM could lean the engine out or make it richer if necessary vs the non-EFI carb engines; or these plugs could cause them to run hotter. I just hate all the variables you can change trying to get more HP/Torque with gasoline powerplants

4. Bill M

Bill M LawnSite Member

Tried one, it did not work. The mower was hard to start, plus would run on after being shut off. It also used more fuel.

5. 1parttimer

1parttimer LawnSite Member

:)Tried one in my KAW trimmer and it was alright for about two weeks and then the thing was very had to start .Put the old plug back in and its fine.

6. jrush

jrush LawnSite Member

I run 'em in my truck with Taylor 8mm wires, Accell cap,rotor, and blaster coil and love them! Def notice a gain in hp:weightlifter:

7. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Just another gimmick plain and simple. I wont get into it but basicaly one plug is no better than another. Same goes for platinum, V groove etc etc.

8. tb8100

from TX

Was it speced and gapped properly? :confused:

9. tb8100

from TX

Wow, that's quite a testimonial. How many hours do you put on this trimmer a season, what kind of trimmer, and what kind of oil? Dino or synthetic?

10. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I have one in my husky trimmer right now. The plug that was in it was going bad I guess, was getting to be a pain to start most of the time, 3 to 5 pulls at least, all day. Now I usually fires in 1 or 2 pulls again, but, it did that when the last plug was new as well. (old plug was a Bosch). I had the E3 laying around from a year or so ago when I tried it in another trimmer that was running bad, but that one turned out to be a bad coil or something, returned the trimmer, they gave me a new one.