Ear Protection And Music

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenthumbGA, Sep 4, 2005.

1. GreenthumbGA

GreenthumbGA LawnSite Member

I have been on the prowl for a set of ear protectors that has music. Wether it is the radio, mp3, or cd hookup. does any one know where I could look.
  2. rtr

rtr LawnSite Member

3. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

4. freddyc

freddyc LawnSite Senior Member

5. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes they do, I actually bought mine from there. One of the few things that I buy from there.
  6. SunSwept

SunSwept LawnSite Member

You will probably hear from a lot of people abouit PELTOR WORKTUNES ... hearing protection with AM/FM radios built in. I have a couple of them and they are great. I got mine at the local Ace Hardware but I am told that Walmart carries them also.

They are not cheap. I think I paid $58 each for mine.
  7. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I bought my "worktunes" from home depo. they were $50. the batery life is really good. I wear mine even when I am not working. infact, I am listening to the beetles right now on my peltors as I type this. the only thing I don't like, is that they are hot. what I need, is something like ear plugs with a radio attached to them.
  8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

i just use a set of stihl earmuff protectors ($20) and run my ipod earbuds underneith. That works great!
  9. clc2003

clc2003 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ia

does that keep ur earbuds in better, cause i think those things suck. They always seem to fall out of my ear, and they are uncomfortable
  10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yup I was just about to say the same thing, other than I run a Sony mp3 CD-player with Koss earbuds, then the stihls over top, it's awesome, you really can NOT hear any equipment when the volume is up and the Koss buds sound real good.

Far as them falling out, you shape the buds a bit like the foamies then place them inside with care... I use foam plugs for hearing protection when I'm not listening to music (cauz I got 200 pairs for 40 bucks) so that's how I got good at putting the buds in my ears.