Ear protection/listening to music

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheLawnRangerLLC, Mar 20, 2011.

1. CGlisson

CGlisson LawnSite Member

No offense, but I think that headset is terrible. The digital tuner is a joke. You can only listen to a handful of stations without interference. And handheld equipment messes with the frequency. I don't live in a rural area, so the radio frequencies are not weak.

I use this kind of headset, but you'll appreciate a better version of these believe me! I give this headset to my help...because it is cheapest.

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

love my work tunes!

3. olde_blue

olde_blue LawnSite Senior Member

Elvex Com-610. Sound great, and are very durable. [​IMG]

4. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I use those yellow Worktunes. I get them at Home Depot for around $50. They seem to last for about a season. The battery cover breaks off, so we use duct tape as the cover. The digital tuner is weak, the old analog tuner was superior. But the digital ones have an input for an mp3 player. Batteries last a couple of weeks.

They are far from perfect, but I have tried some others with even worse results.

5. grincon

grincon LawnSite Member

my worktunes are about 3 months old and are stuck on the christian station : ( also duct taped batteries.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. snowjeep

snowjeep LawnSite Senior Member

I had digital peltores for two seasons and were great until they got ran over. I have gone thru 2 pairs or work tunes but I have a problem with the volume knobs busting. Has anyone really used used the ryobi's yet?

7. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i use those as well and have caught them on a branch or two:laugh:

8. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Peltors are built cheap, have terrible tuners and they do not muffle noise that well. Elvex is where its at. Blows peltors out of the water but they do cost more. You really do get what you pay for.

9. scraper1

scraper1 LawnSite Member

peltor worktunes are good if you dont mind muffs. have to have mp3 hookup. radio signal fades too much....aggravating.

10. TheLawnRangerLLC

TheLawnRangerLLC LawnSite Member

Hey guys, I have received my ear fuze custom head phones. I have molded them and they sound pretty darn good. I have not had a chance to fire up any equipment this evening, but I will be working all day saturday with them so I will let you know. The only problem I had with the head phone is you have to first figure out what ear phone is for what side -- left and right-- but that is easy to do with this video on youtube ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ODm-F9-IM ). Its loud so turn your volume down. Until then, here is a picture of one of the custom ear phones in my ear while it cures, and one of what it looks like out of the ear.

Ps. sorry for the fuzzy pictures, I used my camera built into the mac.

Photo 47.jpg

Photo 48.jpg