Ear Protection?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Yarden Of Eden, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Yarden Of Eden

Yarden Of Eden LawnSite Member

What do you use for ear protection? I'm thinking of getting some ear muffs with a built in radio
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

I use the Ryobi ear phones and plug in my ipod. It has a giant lithium ion battery that lasts me over a week without charging. They are waterproof so you dont have to worry about cutting in the rain. Theyre about $70

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I use Peltor Worktunes ear muffs with a built in radio and MP3 input. The problem is that I never seem to get more than a season out of them before they stop working. They're about $50.

4. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

Im going on my 2nd year with the Ryobi's. You can throw them around and they wont break. They have a rubber coating on them for protection

5. jdo150

jdo150 LawnSite Member

I have the Peltors too and have two seasons on them and love them. My brothers died but thats because he ran them over with the mason dump lol

6. poncho62

poncho62 LawnSite Member

Just a suggestion guys...Wear properly approved hearing protection....I worked 35 years with machinery, most without hearing protection...I am partially deaf now.

7. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

I wear 2 layers of hearing protection listed in my signature. Hearing damage is kept at bay.

8. Southside Lawn Services

Southside Lawn Services LawnSite Member

I wear NASCAR headphones. Comfortable, adjustable and expensive. But, it works.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

I wear the Stihl ear protection/muffs. If you listen to tunes it seems to me you are turning it loud enough that you would be again damaging your hearing.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Southside Lawn Services

Southside Lawn Services LawnSite Member

Not with Racing radio head phones. It blocks out all sound. Sometimes they work to well.
    Posted via Mobile Device