Early 80's Kubota CUT

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Jay Ray, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

L185 with 4500 hours. Would you guys that know tractors touch it with a 10' pole at any price?

2. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe, kubota's are almost indestructible. Is it for sale?

3. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Some kubotas go 10,000 hours, it all comes down to how it was maintained & operated. It could be a nice unit or it could be junk?

4. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

Haven't looked at it yet. It seems that with the info LK supplied it could at least be worth a drive and a look. Now have to bring it up with the CFO and see what kind of talking paper she will allow.

5. TRILAWNCARE

TRILAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

Is the L185 tractor your refering to on Craigs List in Ocean Springs?

6. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

They're well made but I wouldn't give'em much for it. It's 25 yrs. old, with a 2 cylinder 18 h.p. engine (13 pto). BTW how much do they want?

7. TRILAWNCARE

TRILAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

If this is the tractor on Gulfport/Biloxi MS Craigslist. Looks like it has been well cared for. It would most likely bring more on Ebay than the $2000.00 or best offer asking price. Especially with the rear blade. The only thing that would hurt its value is the lack of a mower deck.

If I lived closer I would be seriously looking into this machine myself.

http://gulfport.craigslist.org/grd/936257083.html

8. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

That's the one. Looks like the rear rims have fresh spray paint and the sheet metal paint looks fairly new in the photo. I didn't go look but the guy lives in a regular subdivision. Think I'm going to pass on it. Just going with the gut. I'd rather pay more for less hours really.

Still it's pretty rare when something used comes up advertised for sale in these parts except homeowner stuff.