Early christmas for me :)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dave80, Oct 7, 2003.

1. dave80

dave80 LawnSite Member

Over the past few weeks I have been demoing ZTRs. Here are the models:

Scag Tiger Cub 52"/23 HP Kaw
    Hustler Super Z 60"/25 HP Kaw
    Exmark Lazer Z 60"/27 HP Koh

The Scag was the first mower (and first ZTR that I have driven) that I tried. Out of the three choices, it was my least favorite. I didn't even get a quote from the dealer.

The Hustler I really liked. I especially liked how the parking brake was integrated into the control levers when they are in the neutral position. It was very smooth to run, probably because of the large hydro motors. Ride was comfortable due to standard suspension seat. Cut was pretty good, and when cutting fairly thick overgrown grass it handled the clippings well. Dealer quoted me $8640 plus tax. He just started selling Hustler a few months ago, so I imagine this was fairly close to his rock bottom price.

Lazer Z was my final demo, and the mower that I chose. Picked it up today and loved every minute that I used it. That thing just cuts beautifully. It kills my Cub Cadet belt-drive WB. The Hustler was a close second, but considering the deal that I got it really was no contest. I had called around this summer and all 3 Exmark dealers near me quoted the same price for the 2003 60" w/27 Kohler...$7675. Even though the price went up $200 for 2004, this is the deal that I got.

I got a 2004 model w/ ROPS.

Price: $7350
    Tax: $441
    Stripe Kit: Free (Saved $350)

No interest til March, No Payment til April

Total price OTD: $7791

Striping Kit was backordered and I probably won't get it until the end of the month.

Now I just have to use the last few weeks of the season and practice for next year. Overall I am very pleased with my purchase, and understand why those of you with Exmarks think very highly of the machines.
  2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

You did GOOD!
    Merry Christmas!
  3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

HO HO HO... now go MO MO MO!! :cool:
  4. LawnSmith

LawnSmith LawnSite Senior Member

good choice, but why compare a Tiger Cub to those other 2 machines? its not in the same league as the Super Z or Lazer Z. you should have demoed a 61" Turf Tiger w/ 29hpLC Fuel Injected Kaw.
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Santa has been good to you this year.
  6. pottstim

pottstim LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on the new Exmark Z. I hope you get great service out of it. This afternoon, I got an early christmas/birthday present for myself. I finally broke down and bought a Shind. EB630 BP blower. Man, I wish I had done it a long time ago. What a machine! Enjoy that new mower!
  7. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Heck of a deal!

I'm going in the morning to look at a few. So far the lowest I've seen was $8000.

I was also quoted $8695 for a 03 with a few hrs on it.

Verry good deal! Hopfully I'm in your position tomarrow.
  8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Total price OTD: $7791

For that price I just may hitch up my trailer and take a road trip. That mower set up is right around 10,000 here. You did GREAT!
  9. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

good job on the price...
  10. lawn perfection

lawn perfection LawnSite Senior Member

You will love that mower. I bought the same thing but an 03. love it. You will not be disappointed.