1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Early college football thread

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Have to crow about my Ags for something on a disappointing year.

TEXAS A&M 38 tu 30

At least Fran left on a positive note. Really had high expectations for him and it just didn't happen.

My dream list of candidates:
    Gary Kubiak
    June Jones
    Sylvester Croom (Sorry MSU posters. If it will help I'll remind everybody that you ran the table on the state of Alabama, knocked off both Ole Miss and Kentucky)
    Art Briles U of H coach. Runs the spread.
    Any names I should add?

Not Major Applewhite too tu and too young.
    No option coaches. Someone who can bring back the wrecking crew days.
  2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I hear Michael Vick is hoping for an early release - all kinds of marketing potential there. Sign him up!
  3. I don't think our mascot would approve

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Is Kubiak an option? Seems like he's doing a decent job for the Texans. Not great, but starting to look respectable at times. Denver Broncos haven't looked the same since Kubiak left.
  5. Probably not an option. He is a former Aggie but I think the Texans are real happy with him and he prefers the pro game.
  6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Reveille? What kind of sissy name is that?

Now, George Tirebiter is a real mascot's name!

7. frumdig

frumdig LawnSite Member
    from nunya

heh, ya i dont think (hope) Croom is worried about going anywhere else... this season should do wonders for our recruiting... but im sorry to any of you who watched that pathetic 3.5 quarters of football... we couldnt do crap, and i was quite frustrated... but that dumb 4th and 1 call, got our D fired up... and we just ran it from there on out... its been an emotional season, and im glad croom and the team finally got what they deserved.
    i just hope we dont flop in w/e bowl game we get into..

8. I saw Chase Daniel play a H.S. playoff game at Texas stadium and I don't remember a bad pass all day. Hits every reciever in stride. Can't believe he wasn't recruited better locally. That is almost the same offense Southlake Carroll High runs. Southlake carroll football is about as hi-pressure as you can get so I don't see him choking against OU. i sure hope Mizzou wins and that it is a Mizzou-W Va championship. Will be entertaining as heck. Spare us Ohio St. They can play KU in the runnerup bowl. Worst game I've seen KU play all year. Missed tackles really killed them. offense got on track late. They've got a lot of kids coming back though.

Question: Both Nebraska and A&M are hunting for new coaches. Which job do you think is a better job today? Neb has history, A&M has unbelievable facilities and a better recruiting base. Obviously I'm biased but I think most of the top choices which are on both teams hire list would prefer the potential at A&M.
  9. frumdig

frumdig LawnSite Member
    from nunya

the coaching changes this offseason are going to get interesting... orgeron fired from ole miss, tubberville leaving auburn??, and maybe Miles leaving LSU??... i just have to laugh at alabama though... pay 4 mil. for saban, and end up with the same record as last season LOL... South Carolina emploded late in the season as well... and for whatever reason Arkansas wants Nutt gone, but that attitude may have chnaged after the last two games.... i dont even know where to begin speculating...
  10. Dennis Spencer

Dennis Spencer LawnSite Member

After 6 win against Bama i Don't Tubberville will be going. When ever i talk with friends or people from Ole Miss i just say thank you.(for Tubberville)